Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Kibbles and bits

This is sad. Former Congressman Gerry Studds died over the weekend. He was the first openly gay member of Congress. His has left a widower behind who is not eligible for the federal pensions that every other widow and widower get. The same battle over and over again, whether it is the gay lesbian partners of people killed on 9/11 or police and service members killed in action, we just don't count for federal benefits. When my father died, my mother got his social security and so did the kids. If my partner dies, I get nada.

In the Weds Washington Post, there is an article about what would happen to the Bush presidency when we win in 20 days and take back one or both houses of Congress.

On desks around the West Wing sit digital clocks counting down the days and hours left in the Bush presidency, reminders to the White House staff to use the time left as effectively as possible. As of 8 a.m. today, those clocks will read 825 days, four hours. But if the elections go the way pollsters and pundits predict, they might as well read 20 days.

Oh please god let it happen, let it become reality!

I haven't saide anything about Ms. Marinucci lately so I thought I would post her latest blog about Clinton coming to SF to raise money. She also lists the other stars to be on stage with him. Maybe I can be her photographer that night. Yeah and maybe I will wake up 5'4".

For those of you who missed Frank Rich's fabulous column last Sunday in the Times, here it is. No subscription needed.

And one last item, the Sharks shut out one of the last unbeaten teams in the NHL tonight, the Dallas Stars, 2-0. Nabby was unbelieveable. Nothing like a Sharks win to make the night perfect.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites