Monday, October 30, 2006

Julie


MMMHHH, Gayle's Bakery lemon poppyseed cake for dessert. Must be birthday season.

I have two incredibly wonderful women in my life who both have birthdays right around now. I thought I would share a little bit about them and celebrate their birthdays, too.

Julie's birthday is Oct 27. She came into my life 11 years ago when she helped me recover use of my shoulder after an operation. What an incredibly generous heart she has! She is not the typical vindicative, I'll-remember-everything-you-ever-did-to-me Scorpio like I am. Julie is helpful, gentle and let's me tease her all the time. We used to work out together in the gym for quite a while but she started her own physical therapy business so we couldn't keep our standing dates. She was the last one at my house when I left Santa Fe.

One time I was having a really hard time and was visiting her at work. She just sat down with me and gave me a cookie. Nothing more complicated than a friend sharing a moment of kindness.

I am so lucky to have her as my friend all these years. Nothing complicated, just the essence of true friendship and love. I am blessed.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites