Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Summertime and no job


This is not another attempt to climb back up on the cross. It just occurred to me that I could do my own little lists of the pros and cons of this summer without a job.

Pros:
  1. I can sleep late.
  2. I can stay up late.
  3. No meetings unless I want to go.
  4. I get to drive my nephew around.
  5. I get to help my mom whenever she needs help.
  6. Soccer is totally accessible. I can go to everything.
  7. Santa Cruz is 30 minutes away so I can go whenever I want.
  8. I use waaaaaaaay less gas.
  9. BBQ any night I want.
  10. Waaaay less stress. My shoulders are no longer around my ears.
  11. Getting to walk the dogs all the time.
  12. Getting to spend way more time at home with all the family members.
  13. The crankiness factor has disappeared.
  14. It is not hot anymore so I don't have to sit in front of the a/c right now.
  15. Getting to spend time with other members of the family.
  16. Blogging every day, or rather every night.
  17. No longer having to go to bed at 9 at night.
  18. Getting to know Andres Duque better. Check out his blog, it is on my blog list.
  19. Having time to figure out what I want to do on my next job.
  20. Reconnecting with Tom Graves. His blog, Leftist Twaddle, is on my blog list, too.
  21. More time for myself.
  22. Getting a library card because I cannot throw money around like I used to for books.
  23. Getting to watch the whole World Cup tournament.
  24. Having a summer off for the first time in 30 years.
  25. Working on Clark Williams campaign.
Cons:
  1. Waaaay less money.
  2. Not being able to buy books.
  3. Not being able to work with people in a helpful manner.
  4. Not being very focused. Of course, this could go on the first list, too.
  5. Being totally irresponsible sometimes.
  6. Dealing with COBRA insurance and the idiot insurance company.
  7. Feeling bad about myself because I don't have a job.
  8. Feeling bad if I watch TV before 5 PM.
  9. Guilt over sleeping late. I'm a recovering Catholic, what can I say?
  10. Struggling to buy my meds. See #1 and #6.
  11. LOSER!!!
  12. Financial stress.
If I am doing the math correctly, I would see that not having a job can be ok. Well, more than ok. Wooo hoo, party on! Oh wait, there are those bills. Never mind. I'll keep looking.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites