Monday, August 07, 2006

Eh

I just discovered that I don't give a shit about anything today. I caught up on the back issues of the New Yorker, Time and Newsweek then lo and behold, I found out don't care about anything I read. I am quite sure this is just temporary or it may be an August slump. Bu then on the other hand don't know, don't care.

I have looked through all my regular blogs, the web pages of the Chronicle, the WaPo, Miami Herald, Washington Blade, 365gay.com, and my reaction is so what. No Fidel or Raul sightings, no truce in the Middle East, no equal rights in the country, no new Hollywood golden couple, nothing of interest.

Oh no, could it be the dreaded summer "I'm bored" time? This is what happens for kids before they go back to school, not an adult who has magazine subscriptions, digital cable, a library card, and unlimited internet access.

Oh yes, an adult without a job, that's right. Time on my hands and loads of Mexican Catholic guilt to go around. Must do something, can't sit down and read, must garden, take out the garbage, plant the giant pumpkin plant, apply for a job, cook dinner, do laundry, recycle, feed the dogs. Damn, no wonder my feet hurt. I am sure I am channeling my great grandmother, Mamita, when I get like this.

Tomorrow is another day, maybe I might care about something. Then again, maybe not. I don't care.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites