Thursday, August 10, 2006

Questions and more questions


So if we are faced with such a critical national safety threat, why is Bush still on vacation? I see deja vu all over again. Hello New Orleans?

If Bush and Cheney knew about this threat and didn't say a damn thing til Wednesday, after preparing talking points about the Dems, national security and Joe Lieberman, they are beyond disgusting. They are the devil spawn. Check out this timeline from the Democratic Congressional so you can see what they did and when. Coincidence? I think not.

It is past time for us to talk about how they have blown up everything they have touched, the Middle East, New Orleans, the fedral budget. Nice record. Oh yes, I trust you to take care of social security, immigration, fair elections. Ned Lamont is leading the way to show others that they can speak up, tell the truth and win elections.

I have to make a couple of Lieberman points here. First here is a quote from my Congresswoman, Zoe Lofgren. Love this:
Rep. Zoe Lofgren, a San Jose Democrat, was harsher: ``This is typical Joe Lieberman -- confusing his own well-being with that of his country.''
Then I have to agree with one of my favorite political gals, Maria Cardona, in today's San Jose paper.

Maria Cardona, a Democratic consultant in Washington, said she saw another element in the Lamont victory that has not received a lot of attention -- minority voters who see Iraq as an economic issue, draining resources from pressing domestic needs.
No kidding it is not receiving a lot of attention, like none. Although I must admit that I cannot read all 300+ postings at Kos or AmericaBlog. But even still, can we just add this to the conversation about the war? There's another Democratic phrase to keep using - draining resources.

Alright enough already, if I keep this up, I won't be able to get up out of bed in the morning and go make tamales. My aunt is calling all the girls to make tamales tomorrow so she can sell them. She is raising money for the National Lymphoma, Leukemia and Hodgkins group. She is hiking the Grand Canyon and raising money for this effort. So we are pitching in to help her. Oh boy, hours of gossip and putting masa on hojas. Something normal.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites