Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Chris Flowers

I went to high school with Chris Flowers. I just read his obit this morning. He died of AIDS.

I am so sorry I didn't get the chance to reconnect with him since I got back. I knew he had been living with AIDS for a long time. At one point I had heard he was living around the corner from me but I never found him.

In high school I remember him from the school musicals and choir. He had a lovely tenor voice and was just so gay in those musicals. Of course I had no idea he was so gay. But he was always true to himself and I was glad to have known him if only for a little while when we were young.

As Terry O pointed out today to me, AIDS is certainly not over. Not by a long shot. Rest in peace my brother.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites