Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Birthday

Time flies. A mere 21 years ago I woke up and decided to try that crazy 12 step proposition of one day at a time. So I didn't drink or smoke any dope that day or the next. Today it has been 7665 days, 21 years without drugs or alcohol.

Today is very much a day of Thanksgiving for me. Plenty of items on my gratitude list. The lovely wife, the house, the animals, waking up every day without a hangover. And while there have been many sorrows along the way, I still wouldn't change a day because of the lessons in the low parts.

So I will enjoy the day, share my happiness with all who cross my path today and thank my Higher Power for the joys of a live well lived.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I know your family is grateful for you, too.

Add to Technorati Favorites