Sunday, July 30, 2006

Two years and counting


Monday, July 31 is our two year anniversary. That would be wedding anniversary, like wedding of two women which is a threat to every state's well being except in Mass. So we were married in Mass. Not Catholic mass, the state of.

We stayed after the Democratic convention in Boston and with the help of our friends, John and Wilfred, we said "I do" in front of family and friends. Since that time, the United State has not fallen into total disarray. If it did fall into such a state that is the Bushies fault, not ours. All we did was make all the animals legitimate children.

A gazillion words have been written lately both for and against gay marriage. I read some of them, mostly let the wingnuts fly by me. I don't care what they think. I care that my mother come to the wedding recpetion we had when we lived in Santa Fe. I care that my sister cried and cried after our wedding. I care that my niece wrote and read one of the most incredible homages to us at the wedding. I care that my nephew who doesn't talk much anyway, came and sat with me during my pre-ceremony jittters. I care that many members of Jo's family drove up to Mass to be with us on the big day. I care that friends from Santa Cruz, Washington, D.C., and Boston all were there to celebrate my crying non-stop before, during and after the ceremony.

The events were remarkable which got us to that point. We were nothing without the gay men, especially Wilfred. They decorated, helped us get the flowers, drove us around to get all the right documents and tests. They made us laugh. The people at the clinics and offices kept helping us along the way. We helped another lesbian couple who were also at the convention get married, too.

So as we celebrate tomorrow, I just wanted to share out here in the blogoshpere, that all is well at the Kennieto household. Ain't nothing but love here. If that is too much for some folks, tough shit. We're married anyway.

1 comment:

Julie R. Enszer said...

Happy Anniversary!

That is so awesome! Congratulations! I love the photo.
Enjoy the day. I hope you are going to take off work and worrying and just celebrate all day.

Add to Technorati Favorites