Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Time's up


Wahh wahh, time to get off the pity potty. No more being the center of the universe. Hey wait a second, this is my blog, I can write what I want. So then it is all about me, all the time. EEEEWWWW, how boring.

I have been scrolling through the various blogs and newspapers on line and I find the world is giving me a stomach ache. So disgusting, so hot, so unfriendly, so competitive for everything. California is a about to short out because of this heat wave. Can't blame Enron this time. The Governator has gone up 8 points in the latest polling. The day after the idiot in chief vetoed stem cell funding he finds money to fund stem cell research here. We're screwed if this keeps up. Ahnold gets re-elected. Another stomach ache coming up for me, I can tell.

This is what happens when you have a Halloween birthday, you can see the future. I see more stomach aches coming up from now until the elections and maybe continuing after that. Or maybe not if we can take one of the two chambers on Capitol Hill.

I can just see it, the chairs of all the committees change. Priorities change. Answers given to questions asked. Yeah baby, I can see Jane Harman, chair of the House Intelligence Committee! Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House. It is mind boggling to think about the changes in the country if we can win one of these chambers. It would be so nice to see one of the nicest men on the planet, Tom Udall, my former Congressman from Santa Fe actually being able to get things done with legislation, funding and all those cool things our legislators can get done when they are not penalized for being Dems.

I have a job interview on Thursday, thus the need to get off the pity potty. No more feeling sorry for myself. Get over myself, get down off the cross and give someone else a chance. Time to bitch slap myself back into action. Enough already, many people would love to have time off I have. I have time to work on Clark Williams' campaign, visit with the family, garden, sleep. So get over yourself already.

Time to get going.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites