Friday, November 17, 2006

Focus!

Less than a week until Turkey Day. I've never been a big fan of consuming gross amounts of food on a special day but really enjoy the company, especially now that I am home with the familia. With all due respect to all my Jewish friends (especially the Silver family) I do love Christmas.

This time of the year also makes me want to forget about the idiot in chief and all his cronies for a while. I am trying a news vacation for big hunks of my day as opposed to the compulsive reading of every shred of news available, including reading the Moscow news. So I am reading books, putting more Christmas stuff out every day, planning the lights in the front of the house, figuring out which day to get our tree, measuring to put up the Christmas village, getting the cards ready to go. The list is very long and I enjoy every bit of it.

So while DC is agog over Nancy Pelosi supporting a candidate who didn't win for leadership, I think I will make ornaments. Plus has anyone else noticed that all of a sudden the punditry have become fashionistas. Who asked, after all, who she was wearing at her meeting with Bush, Chris Matthews? Armani, baby! But the press has been full of accounts of what colors the women are wearing and what labels. Puhlease, did Carrie Bradhsaw get elected? Is Jimmie Choo all the rage on Capitol Hill now? And what do these guys know about labels, anyway?

Me, at least acknowledge I learned it all (whatever that is) from Carrie Bradshaw but putting it on the pages of the Post is a bit much. Does anyone ask Harry Reid who he was wearing? OH, Rahm, who is your designer of choice, Hugo Boss? Sexism rears its pretty little head again to try and make the first speaker of the House a lot less important. So she backed a loser in the leadership race, who will care next week or even tomorrow? People died today in Iraq, I don't care what color Armani suit the woman wore.

Can we get a little perspective here?

My favorite time of the year is upon us and I need to stay focused, get a job, decorate the house, finish the buying and have a damn good time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"My favorite time of the year is upon us and I need to stay focused, get a job, decorate the house, finish the buying and have a damn good time."

Amen! Especially the damn good time part.

Add to Technorati Favorites