Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Waaah

When I started this blog this year it was with the intention of getting back to do regular writing like in my former life as a journalist. It was just to have fun, write about things that interest me and join the blogosphere.

Since then, I have become obsessed and corrupted by statcounter. Apparently instead of enjoying myself and just goofing off with this new toy, I have become valid if only someone reads this blog. I have succumbed to the bane of competitive writing. It is all about the number of hits I get on this site. Ego, ego, ego has taken over so, while continuing to write about things that interest me, I must check all the time to see who has visited.

But this begs the question of chicken v. egg. If a writer writes and no one reads the writing what does that make the writer?

I was talking to my friend, Reverend Holly Beaumont tonight. I was whining about no one reading my blog. Her response? "Now you what it is like to write and preach a sermon and then have someone say to you 'Sorry I missed church this week, we went to the lake.'" Amen, sister.

But since much of my part of the world is slowing down for various holidays, so goes the blogosphere. No time to read or write much, let alone pay attention to these ramblings.

Oh well, I will just continue plodding along and try to remember to have fun. Sheesh, I am an old Eeyore.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites