Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Virgin Mary

I am back from a whirlwind trip to Columbus, OH. No snow on the ground here, thankfully!

While I have been trying to catch up on my non-plane reading, I was noticing the Mary Cheney turbulence in the force. Of course the conservatives are going nuts over her and Heather bringing a child who will be loved into this world. I guess this is a case of Heather is one of the two mommies, too.

I had some random thoughts about this unfolding story. Like what was Mary Cheney doing being pregnant and going out to hunt with her daddy? Another errant shot from her daddy and that is the end of the road!

Also, I know this is a very personal decision to make about having a baby. Whether the decision is about adopting, insemination or ending a pregnancy, these are all very personal decisions. So if this baby is going to be raised by two women and has not involved any men except for the initial donation, why are all these gay men talking about it as if they would know more than a lesbian? Guys, get out of the way and let the women speak!

I will make the same point I made in an earlier post, with all the crap going on in the world, aren't there more important things to be concerned about than this baby?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...aren't there more important things to worry about than this baby?"

Amen!

Add to Technorati Favorites