Sunday, August 05, 2007

BBQ news

Today was the summer event of the year in Santa Clara county, Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren's annual summer barbecue. I attended with my friend from high school, Theresa O'Neill and some other women of high regard in political circles here. I worked the hell out of that event, networking, giving out my card, letting people know I was looking for a job.

I was also able to talk to the Congresswoman.

In short, she voted against FISA. I was so glad. At least I know she is truly representing me. She also said there is some sign of hope for the DREAM Act. She is also working on getting the visa backlogs straightened out so that eligible residents can get their citizenship faster than the current slower-than-hell process. I feel a little optimistic about those outcomes.

I also feel good about my chances of landing another job soon. My network here is much wider than last time I was unemployed. I know I have a good reputation and people are very supportive, especially in the Asian community. So back to the job market tomorrow.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites