Monday, June 18, 2007

Monday Monday

Immigration is on the table again this week in DC, at least in the Senate. In discussing this with one of my colleagues, we were feeling very deflated. What is being proposed now is really bad and we think it will get worse. Then somehow the House will magically fix this pile of crap. I don't believe it will happen that way.

What I think will happen is that the rocket scientists at the White House will try to get their bloody fingerprints all over this legislation and will, once again, be wrong about every single element. Families will be ruptured, the US will again look like a selfish, greedy, hateful country and nothing good will come out of it. That is my optimistic view point, too.

But I will be traveling to DC this weekend to see my spouse graduate from college. I am glad she made it to the finish line on this one. My sister will be joining us and we will do some touristy things on Sunday. I hope to not melt in the humidity.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to Jo on her accomplishment!!

Yes, the immigration Bill IS a mess. From the requirement that the head of household return to Mexico (how sexist is that!) to the $$ they have to pay, the requirements are far too harsh.
I hope nothing passes if this is the only alternative.

Anonymous said...

But, but, but...we must keep Wal-Mart and Tyson happy by maintaining their supply of slave labor -- I mean, guest workers. And "family values" only applies if you're a white Republican criticizing other people's families.

/sarcasm

Congrats to your spouse! Have a wonderful trip to DC, and try not to melt.

(not sarcasm)

miss wild thing said...

Virginia, it is not just a return to Mexico. There a number of Asian people here who cannot return to Vietnam, Cambodia or Laos.

You are right though, it is sexist.

miss wild thing said...

Kathy, the family values include straight, too. I think the heat is melting you.

Add to Technorati Favorites