Monday, April 02, 2007

Sister love

I have got to give a shout out to my sister, Kathleen DeBold, who is leaving the Mautner Project after a million years there. What a kind, generous woman she is. Anytime I needed her ear, she was there. Ok maybe not every time cus she was always really busy but most times she would be there for me. Plus I could always make her laugh and we carried on like a couple of old lesbos when we got together. It was really bad when we sat together at meetings, slipping notes to each other and making REALLY rude comments to provoke the other one.

She was always cognizant about issues of race, class and gender. If she said something that could use some correction, I would not hesitate in pointing it out to her. She was never defensive and always was a great friend and ally. We would have arguments about the L Word but it was way cool when she got Mautner recognized during the very sad story line about one of the characters dying of breast cancer.

I know there will be times in the future when we get to cause trouble again. Until then, my friend, take a much needed rest. You certainly earned it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She sounds like a wonderful lady.

miss wild thing said...

The best.

Anonymous said...

Miss Wild Thing is the wonderful one- her love and support brings out the best in everyone she touches!

Add to Technorati Favorites