Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Que Viva


I can't believe I actually have a job again. I keep hearing "Stars and Stripes Forever" in my head. Today was my first day at SIREN and I spent it doing what everyone at a new job does- reading. For once there wasn't any drama, no crises, no immediate emergency which needed to be taken care of the minute I walked in the door. It was quiet. Ahhhhh.

Today was also a day to celebrate La Betty! How wonderful that Ugly Betty took top honors at the Golden Globes last night and the fabulous America Ferrera took home the statue for Best Actress, tambien! All those Latinos on stage, I bet there has never been that many on stage.

Latina power was brown and proud last night. this whole Ugly Betty success story carries many of us on bad days. To see a brown, round gal like myself successful, happy, looking quite adorable was enough to make me giddy. Downright proud of all my sisters for telling the story of La Betty and continuing every week to remind people about the value of soul of a human and not their outside appearances. There are many days when I feel like La Betty dealing in a world full of Mode people.

Viva La Betty, viva las mujeres, viva work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally caught up with Ugly Betty (ABC has episodes online), and I LOVE it! So glad to see all the awards; this is a lovely, sweet-spirited show at heart, with enough twists to keep me watching. And did I mention that America Ferrera is absolutely beautiful?

Oh, and congrats on a good first day of work. I hope it's one of many.

Add to Technorati Favorites