- Scooter is toast. Convicted on 4 of 5 counts. Convicted liar!
- The US Attorneys get a chance to testify in front of both the House and Senate committees about their firings. Gonzalez is on the hot seat and Senator Spector predicts the little G doesn't make it to the end of the Bush term. Gonzalez continues to prove that not all brown people are committed to social justice.
- Ms Leather Wilson continues to sweat her moral lapses in Congress. I imagine she will have to lawyer up soon, just like her teacher, Domenici. For inside NM dirt on this story, check out joemonahan.com.
- While I'm at it, Josh Marshall over at TPM has been doing a fabulous job covering the cover ups.
- My buddy, Kathy over at Birmingham Blues asks this very important question:
Given Dick Cheney’s ongoing health issues, do you think he may take the opportunity to resign in the wake of the Libby verdict and let W pick a new VP — one who could be anointed as the 2008 GOP presidential frontrunner?
I bet there are some folks in the Republican party who would be thrilled with that idea.
- Poor thing, the astronaut who drove straight through to Florida from Houston to hook with a guy she wasn't really involved with got the boot today. I hope someone gives this woman some help. But given what has happened to people in New Orleans and in Walter Reed, I have not one shred of hope.
- Not a homo to blame for this one...Newt Gingrich was having an affair while he was trying to impeach Clinton.
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Well, well, well, this is a such a good week to be an American.