Saturday, August 18, 2007

New chapter


So I am bordering on being an old biddy. I am 52 years old and I have played sports my entire life. Softball, swimming, water polo, soccer have all been part of my life at one time or another. Tonight I played ice hockey for the first time and I had the time of my life!

I was the first to fall and smacked my head but good. I managed that feat twice more during the course of the evening. But I came away with a new found appreciation for my boys in teal. But now I know how to stop on the ice. I can get up with the use of my stick. I skated backwards for just a little bit. And I played about 10 minutes of actual on ice hockey. W00ohoo00!

So I will now sign up for the beginners league. I purchased some used equipment tonight also. I am the proud owner of not just one but two hockey sticks. I also kind of know how to put all the equipment on. Yeah baby, now if I can just quit falling on my ass, let alone bouncing on my head.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites